Thursday, June 23, 2005

Book tag answered

I was tagged by Prabhu a few days ago to list some books and novels I have read in my short life so far of 27 years. I used to be an avid reader when I was young and the habit gradually eroded as I got older(why?) and now, all I read is the news on the internet and some Reader's Digest. But I was never a big fan of fiction. It was only because my brother had a voracious appetite for books(still does) that I came in touch with a few of them. Well, without further ado, lemme list the books I have read.

Comics(when young):
Tinkle, Chandamama, Jataka tales, Chacha Chowdary comics, Tintin comics, Amar Chitra Katha, Batman, Superman, Tarzan.

The Blue Carbuncle, Hound of the Baskervilles- Arthur Conan Doyle

Where Eagles Dare - Alistair MacLean

Murder on the Orient Express - Agatha Christie.

The Hardy Boys novels.

The Four Faces - Han Suyin

Russia House, Tailor of Panama - John LeCarre

The Firm, Pelican brief - John Grisham

Twenty thousand Leagues under the Sea, Around the World in 80 days - Jules Verne

Time Machine - H.G. Wells

The Man in the Iron Mask, The Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas

Moby Dick - Herman Melville.

The Other Side of Midnight - Sidney Sheldon.

I thought long and hard to see if there was anything I had left off but.... nay. That's it. All these books were read before I came to the US to do my MS. These days, my favorite past-time seems to be whiling away my time browsing the internet. Hopefully I'll get back to my reading habits soon.

Book(s) on my to-read list : The much-hyped "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown. Wanna see for myself what the brouhaha is all about.
Signing off, Ciao.

3 Comments:

At Friday, June 24, 2005 9:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry not my area...except the comics...I read more comics than anyone else I think...
(Archie, Phantom, Richie rich, etc...) I miss those days...

KP.

 
At Friday, June 24, 2005 10:03:00 AM, Blogger subramoni said...

yes, me too. Wish I could get them back. As Kishore kumar sang "Koi lauta de mere beete hue din" :-).

 
At Tuesday, July 12, 2005 5:22:00 PM, Blogger Supraja said...

Beete hue din tho lautenge nahin lekin ab yeh kisne kaha ki you cannot seize the day?Carpediem dude!I read tons of Archie's when I was India(who needs to know that I am 23 and still hooked on comics?)BTW plz plz plz read Harry potter and a Kane and Abel by Jeffrey Archer..u wont regret it.I promise!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home